Wall's Wall

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Care Package Tips

Hey guys, I know several of you are probably thinking about sending Jordan a package for his birthday. I sent my present out today. I thought I'd take this time to give you all a few tips about sending packages to him.

First of all, you are going to need customs slips. You can get these at the Post Office, just make sure you ask for the ones that are for packages over 7 lbs. These are white and about the size of half a sheet of paper. They have smaller green ones, but the nice lady at the PO (the only PO employee I've ever had be nice to me) told me that for APO addresses the white ones are a must! She also gave me a little bit of advice. If you are sending liquids, make sure to put a towel or something in the box in case the container breaks. Also, use the flat-rate boxes, that way you never have to worry about how much postage is going to be. The postage costs $8.95 per box.

Something I discovered today: Target sells huge rolls of bubble wrap for relatively cheap! I was thrilled when I found this, not only does it keep my presents safe, but you know as well as I do that Jordan is very easily entertained. Haha! I can picture him driving his tent mates crazy!

Enough about packages...I know you are all wondering how Jordan is doing. He's trying very hard to get settled in. The Army is making that difficult, as they keep changing jobs on him. He finally got settled into his office job (he did one night of construction and they changed him to just office work). But this week they decided to change him to another admin job in another office. I'm not sure what either of these jobs entailed. He liked his first one, and I liked it because he was at a computer all day so we could email back and forth. He isn't sure if he'll have access to a computer at his new job. He was supposed to start that job yesterday, but they held off. Now today apparently they have moved him back to construction for a week. So confusing! It wouldn't be so bad except with every job change, his hours switch too. When he works in the office, he works days, but construction is at night. I guess working at Pretzels was good training for his crazy hours!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home